Our client is an acknowledged world market leader in the development and manufacture of advanced special purpose machine tool systems.
An exciting opportunity for a Junior toolmaker has arisen to work within a busy & growing dedicated toolroom, manufacturing and assembling high precision, one-off tools for use on our non-conventional machining processes.
37 hours a week 14.00 – 22.00 Monday to Thurday and 13.00 – 20.30 Friday
£10.50ph + Overtime payable at time and third after 48 hours
The successful candidate will preferably have experience of:
* Conventional manual machining – Surface grinding, cylindrical grinding, jig boring, milling, turning.
* Sub assembly & bench fitting.
* Experience of CNC machining an advantage
* Minimum of 2 years City & Guilds (or equivalent) apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
* Good knowledge of manufacturing methods
* Good level of education
* A logical and analytical approach to problem solving
* Seeking a position within a technically demanding and challenging environment
* Being highly motivated, confident, and organised with keen attention to detail
* Ability to absorb technical information quickly and being able to perform tasks whilst under pressure
* Effective communication skills
* A good team player
* A flexible approach to work along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
* Good level of numeracy and literacy
* PC literate
12 week temporary to permanent position – Immediate start