negotiable / Month
Derby, ENG, GB
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, our employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Rail Control Solutions (Signalling) Division
Currently Bombardier has two major signalling on-board ETCS contracts, and there are plans for more as part of Network Rails Digital Railway roll-out.
The Installation, Testing and Commissioning (ITC) Onboard Engineer is responsible for;
– planning installation and test activities
– preparing test specifications, method statements, test reports
– identifying and recording issues/defects
– problem solving (investigating /analysing /solving defects found)
– performing installation inspections
– uploading software
– executing tests and taking logs
– providing status reports to the project team
We are looking for individuals that have a high personal standard of work, that demonstrate practical problem-solving skills, and that are adept at handling software and logs.
You should also demonstrate:
– Flexibility to work nights and weekends.
– Ability to write technical documents and reports
– Knowledge of train control
– Experience in mainline or metro signalling
Trouble shooting and log analysis experience and decision making
– Good ability to supervise and instruct other people.
– Being able to work independently and make own decisions.
– Application of acquired expertise to analyse and solve problems
– Ability to take decisions regarding technical issues in the project.
– Reliability to meet short deadlines and to be able to work in flexible conditions.
– Handling occasionally high pressure during deliveries.
– Site coordination, customer liaison, conducting presentations to different stakeholders
We work in large parts of the world and travel is part of the job, some periods often and sometimes within short notice. The area of responsibility is big, so your interest must be wide, and nothing is impossible!
Posting Date: 19th November 2018 Closing Date: 18th December 2018
Hours: 37 per week Competitive Salary
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bachelors Degree of Higher National Certificate in Telecommunications, Electrical, Mechanical or Computing related field
– At least 3+ years of working experience in Rail Signalling Installation, Test and commissioning experience
– Exposure in supervising junior technical staff would be advantageous.
– Strong proficiency in English
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Electrical, Genetics, Technology, Engineering, Science