Service Care Solutions are currently looking for a Housekeeper to work in the Birmingham Area. These vacancies are temporary contracts (3-4 months + ongoing) with the possibility of a permanent contract after initial 3-4 months. £9.56 Ltd Per Hour
Key areas of responsibility will be as follows:
• To ensure the environment is cleaned in line with national cleaning standards.
• Deliver meal/beverage service
• Bed making
• Cleaning medical/hard equipment.
• Manage linen quality.
• Report maintenance issues
• Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the housekeeping/catering service.
• Undertake scheduled cleaning tasks, including the cleaning of clinical equipment, as per schedules.
• Uphold all Infection Prevention and Control measures as required within the Trust.
• Ensuring that all domestic consumables are available at all times in the appropriate dispenser/holder.
• Undertake ad-hoc cleaning tasks as required by the Senior Housekeeper or nursing staff.
• Undertake catering tasks as per the work schedule ensuring that all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Legislation is adhered to.
• Ensuring that the day room and dining areas are kept clean and presentable for patients and visitors.
• Ensure that there are sufficient ingredients for beverages, ward provisions, snack boxes and condiments available for use
• Assist with the curtain change programme.
• Report the need for any estates maintenance requests to the Senior Housekeeper.
• Responsible for making beds on completion of Terminal Cleans.
• Identify areas for continuous improvement and liaising with the Senior Housekeeper to develop those improvements.
• Ensure close liaison and interfacing with the nursing staff to ensure there is a co-ordinated approach to the delivery of the housekeeping service.
• Responsible for ensuring that housekeeping tasks have been undertaken competently in order that the Trust performs well in internal and external audits.
• Responsible for ensuring any complaints received are relayed to the Senior Housekeeper and any adjustments or corrective actions are implemented.
My client is looking for someone who has worked as a Housekeeper previously or within a Domestic role or has worked within a similar environment as a Care Assistant or Support Worker. This role is ideal for someone who has worked with vulnerable clients previously within a care setting. The candidate must be an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has the ability to work on their own and has a good level of autonomy.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential as full training and a structured development plan will be provided.
All candidates must have a previous DBS within the last 12 months and must be able to provide 3 years’ worth of previous employment references.
If you are interested in this role then please email your CV or call Matt on (phone number removed)