negotiable / Month
Up to 220 per day
An excellent opportunity has arisen in Hertfordshire for an experienced Highways Site Supervisor to work on a busy highways term maintenance contract, supervising day to day civils work as well as winter maintenance.
The role is available on a contract basis outside of IR35.
As the Highways Site Supervisor, you will manage, monitor and support gangs of workers undertaking remedial and improvements works on a large highway network, ensuring construction and schemes works are undertaken in line with company policies and procedures, and to the agreed time frames, budget, and commercial requirements.
Candidates will need to be experienced specifically in working on local authority highways construction and scheme works.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
* To work safely and be responsible for personal safety, the safety of the whole team, and
that of others who come into contact with our work.
* To maximise value and to minimize cost, ensure costs are correctly allocated and be responsible for the costs and value and ensure all relevant financial and commercial process and procedures are followed.
* To undertake audits to ensure safety, quality and environmental standards are met.
* To ensure all required checks of plant, equipment and vehicles are carried out including
completion of associated reports.
* To plan and implement works, including setting out, in accordance with drawings,
specification and programme.
* To adequately supervise the workforce, including sub-contractors, planning and ordering
materials to ensure timely delivery.
* To effectively and accurately pass on instructions to the workforce, keeping a record of
progress and any amendments to the work.
* To ensure all required daily and weekly record sheets are accurately completed, including
measurement of works undertaken and submitted promptly.
* To supervise and direct out of office hours emergency activities as required.
* To assist with winter maintenance activities as instructed.
* To follow company procedures at all times.
* To actively foster a positive employee morale.
* To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
* To act as first tier management, deal with all related issues expected of the tier.
* To Deputise for other Supervisory Staff.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please select Apply Now to submit an application.
If you feel that you possess the right skills and experience for this position however the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically, please still feel free to send us your CV; we constantly recruit for jobs similar to this one at various levels UK Wide. We are always available for a confidential chat about your employment situation.
We always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years experience in this market. Please call Ellen Dennison at Carrington West on 02393 876037 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.