negotiable / Month
Salary:18000 – 24000 per annum + Benefits
The company a Professional services company who are looking to expand their internal IT department.
The role A Systems Developer where you will make good use of your strong SQL development skills.
* A recent software development graduate with strong working knowledge of SQL
* DTP (nice to have)
* broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming;
* the ability to learn quickly;
* ability to contribute to a team effort;
* a logical approach to problem solving;
* good interpersonal skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail;
* business awareness;
* a methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind;
* presentation skills;
* excellent oral and written communication skills;
* planning and negotiating skills;
* initiative and self-confidence;
* an interest in the way organisational processes work.
* liaising extensively with internal clients;
* analysing existing systems and business models;
* mapping and documenting interfaces between systems;
* understanding software development lifecycle;
* translating requirements into project briefs;
* identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
* conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;
* developing solutions and related products;
* producing project feasibility and costings report;
* working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
* ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met;
* drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedules
* overseeing implementation of a new system including data migration;
* planning and working flexibly to deadlines;
* supporting users on change control and system updates;
* providing training and user manuals to users of a new system;
* keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
* producing artwork and undertaking DTP.
* Undertaking regular system maintenance.
This is a role where you will learn new skills and get to work in a great working environment.
Please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy