Financial Risk Analyst
Our client an established national commercial accountancy practice, are working alongside us here at Better People Ltd to source a proactive Financial Risk Analyst assist their dynamic team.
The Financial Risk Analyst will be a member of the Financial Risk team, which is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring an effective financial risk framework across the company.
* Prepare clear and compelling materials to explain risk issues to senior management, present results of analysis and inform discussions
* Coordinate and assist in preparation of materials for relevant committees
* Conduct ad hoc investigations and analysis as required
* Deliver agreed Financial Risk priorities
* Identify, assess, quantify, report, monitor and escalate as required risks throughout the firm
* Development and implementation of risk policies, risk tolerance limits and thresholds
* Liaise with external IT and assist in ensuring that the financial risk dashboard is always working correctly
Experience and Qualifications
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally within a numerical / science subject)
* Previous experience in applying mathematical/statistical techniques to data would be advantageous
* ACA or ACCA part qualified
* Experience of using relevant software packages is desirable but not essential, i.e. SAS / SQL / Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of the Financial Services industry is desirable
* Past working experience in risk or analytics is desirable
This established company offer a competitive salary, contribution pension scheme, a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies, 26 day’s holiday (excluding bank holiday) and career progression.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now. You will need to send your CV in MSWord format.
We can’t wait to hear from you!