Estimator – Construction – Birmingham
Up to £70k depending on experience + car/allowance + Bonus + healthcare + pension
My client are a leading construction contractor who turn over in excess of £700mil. They have won recent awards for best company to work for, have a ‘family feel’ and have modern offices in Birmingham city centre. They are looking for an Estimator to work in the interior division.
Candidates should ideally be able to deliver the right net cost, on time, to the highest quality and accuracy.
The main role of an Estimator is to manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
* Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
* Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
* Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
* Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
* Implement all of the companies policies including those for SHE and risk management
* Promote Company values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
* Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the Supply Chain.
* Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
* Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Degree qualified or similar qualification
* Previous experience in a similar position
* Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
* Commercial Awareness
* Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
* Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Dependent upon experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to earn up to £70,000 per annum with a choice between a company car and car allowance which is supplied on top of the yearly salary.
Please apply with an up to date CV
Contact – | (phone number removed)
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Think Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the high number applications we receive it is not always possible for us to contact all applicants. If we do not contact you back within five working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file for consideration of future opportunities