We are currently recruiting on behalf of a fast growth, ethical Energy supplier, with a solid reputation in the UK and South Europe as a provider of clean energy and high standard customer service.
As a result of their expansion in the energy market, we are currently seeking a figure of Energy Risk Manager with exceptional analytical ability to optimise and control the energy market risk exposure of our power, gas and environmental product portfolio.
Maximise the opportunities of the business working with the Trading and Commercial team, ideally the right candidate will be a flexible and pro-active thinker with experience in similar roles.
* Identify and communicate positions to trade (within relevant financial limits)
* Develop hedging strategies and ensure compliance with the Market Risk Policy
* Enhance monitoring suite to ensure senior managers are kept informed of changes in costs and risk
* Update the short and long term demand forecasts, understanding the critical drivers for changes
* Minimise imbalance costs
* Ownership and continual improvement of forecasting tools
* Update forecasts of main commodity-based industry costs such as transmission, distribution and renewable subsidies
* Support development of products and services for industrial customers
* Develop and support the junior analysts
* Build relationships with critical external counterparties
* Support other Commercial team activities as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Highly numerical background (likely degree/master’s from top university in maths, science, engineering, etc).
* Experience of utilizing complex quantitative analytics to inform decision making.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SQL / Python / data visualization packages desirable.
* Relevant experience in an energy trader/supplier/broker highly desirable.
* Outstanding attention to detail.
* Flexible, action focussed, team-player attitude