Electronic Engineer required for a leading global manufacturer of consumer products.
This role offers great career development opprotunities with a fantastic global business.
Due to their commitment to World Class manufacturing our client currently have a requirement for an Electronic Engineer within their Gloucestershire based operations.
You will be required to undertake a key electronics design role, both within Project teams and working as an individual, supporting the New Product Development programme
You will take a leading role in the engineering design activity within a NPD project team, complementing the work undertaken by other senior engineers and providing guidance and direction to other team members.
You will take an active role in advanced development to explore new technologies, which could potentially benefit our products and development.
ELECTRONIC ENGINEER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
– Development of design solutions for projects, ideally operating without the need for technical supervision. Responsible for delivering technical solutions meeting the business requirements for time, cost and quality.
– Design of electronics systems using various technologies but primarily microprocessors, power supplies, sensor interfacing, power systems control (relays, triacs, stepper motors, etc.) and user interfaces.
– Working as an individual, or more likely as part of an NPD project team, undertaking tasks as appropriate to the specific project.
– Participating in the engineering design activity within a NPD project team, providing guidance and support to other engineers.
– Design and implementation of embedded software.
– Assisting with the raising of and evaluation of engineering changes etc.
– Develop new products that are reliable and durable, ensuring that verification activities for products in accordance with qualification test programs and deadlines are completed.
– Acting as a key member of the project team, in proactively identifying improvement potential for test methodology, data recording and defect analysis.
– Working within the guidelines of departmental and company: policies, procedures and work instructions.
– Participation in the continuous improvement of policies, procedures, work instructions and specific guidance documents.
ELECTRONIC ENGINEER PERSON SPECIFICATION
Ideally, an Electronic Engineering graduate with aptitude for product design / development. Preferably with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within a technical environment and with extensive knowledge, encompassing some or all of the following aspects:
– Electronics hardware and software specification and detailed design for consumer/commercial products.
– Detailed circuit design and PCB layout, preferably using OrCAD
– Practical experience of EMC testing for Europe and the rest of the world.
– An understanding of Control and System Design.
– Proficient Knowledge of user interface design and specification.
– An appreciation of the design of electro-mechanical products / mechanisms.
– Experience as lead engineer is desirable.
– Experience of 8/16-bit microcontrollers; familiarity with Atmel/Microchip products would be an advantage.
– The following technologies would also be desirable: Bluetooth, 433MHz Wireless, Serial protocols, mains power supplies, LCDs.
– Proficient coding skills in C; C# would also be desirable.
– Proficient in the use of IDEs and emulators for software development, particularly IAR Workbench and Visual Studio.
– Task orientated with a flexible attitude.
– Self-motivated, ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
– Excellent attention to detail with good communication skills.
Salary £28-£38K + Bonus