Contract Electrical Design Engineer – Harnesses & Schematics – to be based in Derby 6-12 months.
Electrical Design Engineer Role:
This role will be based in the Electrical Design Department, specialising in the design, test and delivery of engine sensors and electrical harnesses for current and new engine designs.
In addition to the above requirements, the ideal candidate will:
* Have a working knowledge of CAD (NX), PLM systems, and Zuken or Vesys.
* Be able to understand, create and edit 3D models, wiring diagrams and schematics with a high degree of attention to detail.
* Possess a sound knowledge of vehicle electrical systems architecture and engine-based sensors.
* Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, test and fault find electrical systems.
Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) – using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
* Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
* Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine).
* Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies.
* Support programme gateways and reviews.
* Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
o Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams.
o Monitor and report status to relevant parties.
o Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Supplier management:
o Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
o Manage suppliers via the APQP process.
o Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements.
* Communicate lessons learned, propose design guide/process updates.
Electrical Design Engineer Requirements:
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
* Have a degree in an associated engineering discipline (or relevant time served experience), with a sound understanding of engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
* Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools).
* Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier.
* Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness.
* Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
* Show flexibility – the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description.
Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility