Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer looking to progress your career with a reputable M&E contractor on prestigious landmark schemes in London?
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our well-established team working on various projects. Working alongside our successful teams here, ARK M&E will give you the opportunity to gain experience as well as new skills to help you progress further and develop within the company & industry overall. Whilst pushing you to perform your best, we offer great guidance & support to improve your career path with fantastic facilities such as a dedicated training & development department & various training courses.
As a thriving, leading contractor we are continuing to expand across London, Manchester and the Midlands with numerous exciting projects pursuing into 2020.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Defining the installation requirements of electrical systems and components
* Responsible for undertaking electrical services design including lighting, small power, fire alarms, CCTV and security system
* Preparation and configuration of standard and custom wiring drawings
* Performing electrical load analysis
* The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
* Supporting Mechanical Design Engineers within the group with guidance on electrical issues
* Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries
* HV/ LV designing
* Producing lighting and cable calculations using Amtech and Dialux
* Coordinate with the 2D and 3D CAD and Revit MEP teams to create models
* Perform the role of Electrical Design Lead at internal and external design review meetings.
* Supervising and mentoring an electrical design team to ensure the quality of the design output and achievement of deadlines throughout the project.
* Evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions.
* Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in an electrical design related field
* A working knowledge of the principle of electrical installation and systems integration and design including 3D mechanical design experience
* Member of CIBSE or IET Chartered status or working towards
* Experience in multi residential sector
* Excellent knowledge of Amtech Design Pro and Dialux with a good understanding of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
* Competent in UK Building regulations & coding
Benefits of working with the JRL Group:
Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
Possible career growth for the right candidate
An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
A stimulating & dynamic environment
Dedicated Training & Development Department
Team bonding events
Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office
Contemporary Lounge & Canteen area
We endeavour to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you