negotiable / Month
Derby, ENG, GB
Dynamics and Suspension Engineer-TROQ-UKDY01841012
DYNAMICS AND SUSPENSION ENGINEER
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company thats shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but its our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Bombardier Transportation is committed to developing innovative solutions to move people within and between cities across the globe.
We are currently looking to recruit a Dynamics and Suspension Engineer for our main site in Derby, UK, to join us for our Rolling Stock Equipment (RoQ) division.
The project is supported by specialists in structural analysis, dynamics/suspension, RAMS, and manufacturing engineers. The dynamics analysis, the suspension configuration and the suspension component design are key aspects to ensure the vehicle design being compliant to the relevant national/international standards and to the customers requirements.
– Work with the design team and other specialists to reach an optimum solution for the quasi-static and dynamic vehicle performances. Apart from the computer modelling and simulating, the participation in vehicle testing (in laboratory and on-tract) is necessary
– Liaison with the nominated suppliers to ensure that their designs fit for the purposes in the term of performance characteristics and service life. This includes travelling to supplier sites as the BT engineering representative
– Liaison with other divisions in Bombardier Bogies organization to ensure that the quasi-static and dynamics vehicle performances meets the relevant requirements
– Presentation of the emerging design for review (internally and externally), closing out issues identified and supporting the design through its formal release cycle
– Write the dynamic evaluation reports/documents and the technical requirements for suspension components
– Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
– Industrial working experience is preferable but not essential
– Knowledge of mechanical vibration
– Experience in Simpack and Vampire is preferable
– Ability to write technical reports
– Ability to work with internal and external customers / suppliers at the technical level
– Results oriented individual with good flexibility and teamwork skills
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 20/11/2018
Closing date: 20/12/2018
Competitive salary range
Number working hours: 37
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Physics, Laboratory, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Science