Design Engineer – Electrical
We are currently hiring for an Electrical Design Engineer with an established and growing Birmingham based automotive company.
Our client is looking for well-rounded electrical engineers with an understanding of small bespoke machine building.
The role is ideal for both recent graduates with a keen interest in the Automotive Industry or more experienced Electronic Engineers.
The Role and Responsibilities
* Assist the sales team with queries and provide information and pre-studies for quotations
* Review and feedback on client requirements
* Generate specification documents
* Support customer review meetings and provide on-site support as required
* Trial and test new equipment
* Validate designs against product specifications to ensure all requirements have been achieved
* Ensure that all designs perform to best practice technology standards and are not over-engineered for customer applications
* Produce technical electrical drawings for manufacturing following best practice and procedures
* Produce BOM’s which are clear, correct and handover to purchasing
* Good document control including drawing revision
* Assist and support the manufacturing team during the builds
* Create documentation and ensure that any risk analysis reviews are carried out to support CE marking
* Provide Project Management with project and task status
Qualification and education
* Degree or HND / HNC in a relevant discipline
* Or relevant work experience
* Knowledge of working in a practical electrical development environment.
* Experience in E-Plan Electrical.
* Mechanical CAD experience would be beneficial
* An understanding of 17thedition knowledge
* Control panel layout design
* Be able to create and write control specifications for new products or modification to existing products.
* Technically astute with knowledge of Electronics, PC/PLC Control Systems
* Have an understanding and the ability to generate accurate BOM’s
Applicants will need a full driving license.
Please note, our client does not offer sponsorship for this position