Willmott Dixon’s communications and marketing team are key to the success of our business! They help build brand awareness, increase growth and engage our customers. They are crucial to ensuring that our people work collaboratively and in a cohesive culture in order to achieve our goals.
Due to business growth we have an opportunity to join our Midlands team as Communications and Marketing Assistant. You will be joining a business that is passionate about people and has a real focus and drive around continuous development – offering a career of a lifetime.
You will be involved across the full marketing and communications mix, with a purpose of engaging our people, customers, partners and the communities in which we work. You will be executing internal and external communications activities across all channels, with precision and for maximum impact, including website, intranet, events, awards, social media and PR. In order to do this successfully you will occasionally need to travel to our construction sites, offices and events across our region and attend occasional meetings in London.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the development of content rich internal communications for our people, including finding stories, gathering content and writing drafts
* Supporting with gathering content for external communications and PR to support new business and community activities
* Coordinating PR and social media coverage and monitoring, including the collation of monthly reports and dashboards
* Working with a graphic designer and photographer to ensure that photography and visual assets effectively communicate our messages and are consistent with our brand
* Coordinating photo and video shoots, including drafting briefs for photography and some film
* Ensuring all materials produced adhere to Willmott Dixon’s tone of voice and brand guidelines
* Supporting the wider business with internal presentation materials
* Administrative tasks, including reviewing and responding to requests, database management and general support to the wider team
* Daily monitoring of Midlands content on social media platforms
* Input into, and supporting the implementation of, agreed social media engagement
* Drafting project and community activity case studies for the website
* Supporting the creation of effective content for social media
* Supporting internal and external events from high profile customer events and awards dinners, to our people and community events
* Preparing materials for key events and conferences, including literature, banners and exhibition items, as well as inventory management
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Experience in supporting the delivery of communications for internal and external audiences, across a variety of channels
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Interest in delivering people, community and construction purposeful stories
* Awareness of good graphical layout and basic knowledge of InDesign
* Experience of working on a number of projects at any one time and working to tight deadlines
* Construction/built environment industry knowledge
* Experience of using Social Sign In, or similar
* Experience of using an intranet content management system and enterprise social network e.g. Yammer
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to self-start and with good initiative
* Good at building relationships with a variety of people
* Innovative and creative thinker
* Curious and seeks improvements
* Works as one team
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract