Working Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday usually 8.00am to 4.30pm, Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break
Excellent benefits package and competitive rates of pay
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Experienced, fully skilled CNC Turner required for busy sub contract workshop. Small batch, high precision components for oil and gas, aerospace and defence industries. Ideal candidate will be experienced in programming 2, 3 and 4 axis Mazak lathes. Experience with Siemens and Fanuc an advantage.
* Programming, Setting and operating of CNC lathes.
* Knowledge of either Mazatrol, Siemens or Fanuc controls.
* The ability to carefully follow procedure in terms of process through set-up sheets etc.
* Be able to interpret technical drawings with a good understanding of geometric dimensions & tolerances.
* Ensuring that quality and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
* The necessary skill set to work within a team environment or individually.
Above all there must be sufficient expertise and confidence clearly demonstrated by experience and/or qualification to work effectively and efficiently on components of high intrinsic value without putting product at risk through inattention to detail or inferior workmanship. Knowledge of how to machine, handle and protect all types of manufactured components is essential.
There may be the need to work with customer representatives from time to time, where an appropriate level of professionalism and cooperativeness must be shown.
All work must be carried out in accordance with job card instructions and attendant stage drawings, customer specifications etc. and generally in accordance with the company’s quality system.
All work must be carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant safe systems of work and generally in accordance with the company’s safety policies.
In return we can offer you
* Varied and interesting work in a successful and progressive company
* A modern, clean and friendly working environment
* Competitive pay rate
* Profit Sharing Scheme
* Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
* Accident & Sickness Scheme
* 26 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
* Childcare vouchers