CNC Miller / Permanet role / FULL TIME
Cnc miller (Aerospace & Motorsport -mechanical components).
Role Purpose: To be involved in programming, setting of vertical machining centres. We specialise in complex prismatic parts for transmissions and drive trains for the Aerospace, motor sport and oil and gas industry.
Interesting parts that are small to medium batch quantities. The applicant will be required to create programmes with experience using cnc mills with 4th axis control on Matsuura and Hass vertical machining centres. Applicant to understand drawings with close tolerances and be experienced in machining different types of materials.
Qualification & skills required for this position
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in either programming setting or operating cnc mills is desirable.
* We are looking for a team member who is also self-motivated, shows initiative, has the ability to problem solve and work alone.
* They will possess a working knowledge in 30/31 series Fanuc Control.
* Edgecam Programming experience would be advantageous.
* A sound working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling and proper tool usage is essential.
* Enthusiasm and drive a distinct advantage to progress through the business
* Setting cnc vertical machining centre Matsuura and Hass.
* Experienced work holding methods and best practice.
* High Precision machining.
* Working to close tolerances on a variety of materials to engineering drawings.
* Operating tools to engineering drawings and designs.
* Directly involved in continuous improvement programs and quality control.
Salary £12.50 to £18.00 per hr
Shifts available – Early, late and Night
Hours of work:
Early shift Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2:15pm
Late shift Monday to Friday 2.00pm to 10.15pm
Night Shift Monday to Thursday 9.00pm to 7.00am
Probation: 3 months
Bonus: Performance related bonus
Holiday: Holiday 28 days including bank holidays.
Opportunities for progression: Team leader and production engineering.
Pension: After your 3-month probation, you are automatically enrolled into the government NEST pension scheme. This is a legal requirement. You will contribute 2% of your wages, while our client contributes a further 3%. If you wish to use an existing pension scheme, you may opt out just after the 3-month probation has finished