We are now seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to join our Canning Town based housing repairs team. Rydon is a successful construction, development, maintenance, investment and management group operating throughout England,. We are a dynamic, multi talented organisation, working across a wide range of construction market sectors within the built environment. Rydon Maintenance is an expanding division of the Rydon Group and is successfully providing facilities management services to a variety of clients, predominantly within the healthcare and housing sectors.
For over 40 years, we've recruited talented and innovative people to build and maintain homes, schools, hospitals, student accommodation and more. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
As Building Surveyor you will be responsible for carrying out property surveys on one of our flagship partnership contracts. Our Canning Town contract delivers ongoing responsive repairs, lifecycle repairs and cyclical decorations to social houses consisting of Victorian/Edwardian street properties and low rise apartment blocks. In addition to undertaking regular stock condition surveys, you will liaise with our subcontractors to obtain quotes for works and manage these works through to completion. The types of works will be a range of low and high value and varied from replacing a front door or bath to a replacement roof, retaining walls or wooden sash windows. The role therefore offers variety and the ability to work with a range of construction types/building styles.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
– To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (ensuring value for money), to place orders and manage works through to completion
– To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
– Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
– Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
– To provide technical support to ensure solutions recommended are appropriate, timely and cost relevant
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor within the residential market (ideally social housing). You will be fully aware of building regulations, planning requirements, listed building and conservation area protocol, general surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues. You will also have:
– Ability to assess the correctness, performance to date, and likely future performance of the various constituent elements that combine to make a building.
– Ability to diagnose faults and produce specifications of works.
– Have sound numeracy skills and required level of commercial acumen.
– Have strong interpersonal skills and proven negotiation skills.
– RICS certified or similar would be beneficial however this is not essential.
This is an exciting and challenging role and a chance to be part of a growing team and organisation. If the above sounds like you then we would strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page to be redirected to Rydon's recruitment website to complete your application