Good’ Ofsted rated mainstream Secondary school in Southwark, East London is looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant to join their exemplary comprehensive Secondary School in January 2019. The vacancy requires an exceptional and skilled Behaviour Support Assistant to work with KS3-KS4 children ASAP on a long term and full time basis.
**Have you got experience working with SEN students?
**Do you believe that every child deserves an excellent education?
**Are you ready to make a real difference in helping pupils achieve their full potential?
**The role will be working with children who may have challenging behaviour and EBD and SEMH?
If so this is a great opportunity for you to enhance your career or build experience in a new education area.
Teaching Assistant Role
* The position is for a Behaviour Support Assistant to work on a long term position on a full time basis in Southwark, South East London with the potential to complete a school's direct programme.
* The day to day schedule is from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and involves working closely with an EBD pupil who experiences difficulties in the classroom. Therefore the role of the Behaviour Support Assistant will be to help and motivate the child in a classroom environment.
* In addition, 1:1 support will also be needed at all times to ensure the child's needs are being catered for.
Furthermore, there is an opportunity for the right SEN Teaching Assistant to progress in a position with continuous learning and professional development to become a teacher through ‘Schools Direct’. Moreover, the school implements an environment for open communication between the school staff and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
* Experience working with EBD, SEMH and students with challenging behaviour
* Teaching Assistant/ 1:1 support
* Southwark, South East London
* Mainstream Secondary School with Excellent Transport Links
* £65- £95 per day (based on experience)
* January 2019 start- Full Time
If you are interested in this role in Southwark, South East Lonodn and believe you possess the right qualities to further you career in SEN then please apply ASAP!
Please note, all shortlisted candidates will be contacted on the first week in January 2019