Title Automation and Controls Engineer
Salary £40,000 to £ 45,000
Location Tamworth, Staffordshire
Axiom GB Ltd is a specialist designer, manufacturer, installer and maintenance provider for sortation systems, conveyors and mechanical handling systems, continued growth has led us to expand the system engineering team and we are seeking a new Automation and Controls Engineer.
In the position of Automation and Controls Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
* Design of electrical control systems from concept through to delivery and installation.
* Support the software team with configuration and commissioning of electrical controls and equipment.
* Inverter configuration and commissioning based on ABB and Lenze drives.
* Barcode scanner and camera configuration and commissioning based on Erwin Sick products.
* Software based safety circuit design and configuration, using ASI safe.
* Light guard configuration and commissioning based on Erwin Sick safety products.
* Ensuring compliance of solutions to meet with the current EU regulations.
* Provide technical support and conceptual design to the sales team.
* Manage automation and controls project operations and workflow from build to installation.
* Purchasing relevant materials equipment to budget and specification.
* Client and supplier liaison.
* Provide support to customers.
* Manage electrical maintenance and support as and when required.
Skills and Requirements:
* Automation and Controls experience.
* Design and development exposure.
* Software based design experience, preferably Solidworks Electrical.
* Experience with Profibus, Profinet, ASI and ASI Safe.
* Understanding of mechanical systems.
* Configuration and commissioning experience.
* Must have previously managed automation and controls projects from end to end.
* Must be conversant with current EU compliance.
* Client and supplier liaison experience.
* Siemens PLC programming experience would be preferable.
* Site work is required both in the UK, EU and the USA.
* Salary £ 40,000 to £ 45,000 based on industry specific experience
* Fantastic prospects
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a well established British owned company, there are huge prospects to develop this position and the role within the business