Job Reference: JO024497
Job Type: Contract
Salary: 700.00 day
Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 10.08.2017
DevOps Infrastructure Tools ExpertJob Description
DevOps Infrastructure Tools Expert / 6 Month Contract / Payments / Puppet / OEM / Ansible / Chef
An exciting organisation within the payments industry is currently recruiting for a DevOps Infrastructure tools Expert Consultant to assist the Infrastructure Manager in growing the organisations DevOps. Aplicants will need a strong understanding of the UK payments industry and banking sector.
– Lead and direct in the complete solution, drawing input from functions such as Infrastructure, Service Operations and external suppliers
– Communicate the solution to stakeholders ensuring their quieries are resolves especially in security, performance, availability and adaptability.
– Provide technical guidance and oversight throughout the lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, support and enhancement.
– Contribute to the infrastructure build and deployment processes by the development and continuous review of appropriate practices, standards, templates and guidelines.
– Keeping up to date of relevant developments in technology, processes and markets.
– Review existing management tools for server estate
– Assess existing policies and processes to ensure all lower environments stay in sync with prod
– Design, build, implement patching tools
– Design build implement provisioning
– Design build and implement management tools to support above (monitoring, failover policies etc)
– Be a domain expert with regards to DevOps
– Drive a culture of continuous improvement to raise the quality of deliverables
– Act as a mentor to less experienced engineers and be responsible for up skilling where required
– Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks – Scrum methodology
– Strong background in Cloud design and implementation in AWS
– Strong experience of infrastructure As Code automation
– Ability to design, build and implement a CI server
– Strong hands on knowledge of UNIX / Linux
– Strong knowledge of Solaris